(Over 18 years old)
Ronald McDonald House Charities of North Central Florida is delighted that you wish to share your time, talents and energy to help us meet the needs of families with seriously ill children being treated at UF Health Shands Children’s Hospital. Volunteers are the heart of our organization and play a vital role in the successful operation of Ronald McDonald House® and Ronald McDonald Family Room® programs. A list of some of our positions and group projects follows. For more information, please contact ourDirector of Volunteer Services, at email@example.com.
- Front Desk Host: If you enjoy customer service, this position is for you! You are welcome to recruit a friend to volunteer with you! Hosts serve as the front desk receptionist, check families in and out, maintain family registration records and conduct brief House tours. They interact with the families being served, donors, healthcare professionals, fellow volunteers, vendors and the public.
- Family Room Host: Are you compassionate and gracious? Do you enjoy listening to family stories? Volunteers in the Ronald McDonald Family Room help families enjoy a easceful retreat within UF Health Shands Children’s Hospital. Hosts welcome and serve families directly. They perform light administrative functions and operational tasks.
- Pop Tab Program Coordinator: We seek an energetic and creative volunteer to develop our pop tab collection efforts to their fullest potential. This is an unparalleled opportunity to introduce children to philanthropy, while at the same time generating revenue for our family programs.
- House Helper: Help keep our House safe, clean, welcoming and tidy.
- Maintenance Assistant: Assist with a variety of facility maintenance chores.
- Donation Runner: Pick up and process donations once a week.
- Administrative Assistant: Assist various staff members with administrative tasks including data entry, word processing, clerical tasks, and more.