If you are currently an In-Patient:
- You must be referred into the House by the hospital Admissions Office. Contact the Admissions Office to be placed on the RMH waiting list.
If you are currently an Out-Patient:
- In addition to the other eligibility requirements, your patient must have a minimum of three days of treatments scheduled between Monday-Friday, verified by your medical provider.
- Families with a patient receiving outpatient services should contact the House Operations Director directly to determine eligibility.
If you have a medical appointment in the future:
Advanced Stay Requests
- Call the Ronald McDonald House (352) 374-4404 to make an Advanced Stay Request.
- An Advanced Stay Request (ASR) is NOT A RESERVATION and does not guarantee your family a room. We will do our best to meet your request; however, we may be unable to accommodate you.
- The House has a 94 percent occupancy rate during the year. If you are only staying one night, it might be easier to get a hotel room, as we have more success with longer stays than one night stays.
- Please have a back-up lodging plan in place, in case we have no availability.
- You may call the RMH Manager on Duty before 9 p.m. the day before you need the room to check on the status of your request.
- Beginning with the first day of your request, you’ll need to verify your need for a room each day until the request is granted. Please call the House at 352-374-4404 x.0 before 9 a.m. and confirm your need for a room.
- If you need to change or cancel your request, please notify RMH as soon as possible. 352-374-4404. Failure to do so may affect your eligibility to place future requests.
- Ensure your family/patient meets the eligibility requirements.
- You or the medical office must verify your appointment with a letter/fax (352-335-5325) or a call from the doctor’s office, CMS or social worker.
- Families who have stayed at RMHNCF within 6 months of their last visit may self-refer by contacting RMHNCF.
- An Advanced Stay Request form will be completed.
- Prior to their arrival, the family must provide proof of their treatments by submitting a copy of their appointments or getting their medical provider to verify their treatment.
Staying on the Waiting List
All families who have been placed on the RMH Waiting List are asked to call each day before 9:00 a.m. and leave a message at 352-374-4404 ext. 0 to confirm your continued need for lodging.