Important COVID-19 Update
Ronald McDonald House Charities of North Central Florida is monitoring the fast-changing facts and information regarding COVID-19. With the guidance of the CDC and multiple health agencies, we have developed our Preparedness & Response Plan.
Our goal is to provide a safe and healthy living environment for families who are far away from home and caring for a child with a severe illness. Since many of these hospitalized children already have compromised immune systems, we want to minimize the chance of infection while also supporting our healthcare professionals who are on the front lines of battling disease.
From now until further notice, RMHCNCF will proceed with the following plan to ensure the health and safety of the families in our House:
- All volunteer activity is suspended, including:
- All House volunteers
- Individual Volunteers
- Group Volunteers
- Family Activities
- Sweets & Treats Groups
- Visiting Chef Groups
- Our Family Room at UF Shands Childrens Hospital is closed until further notice.
- Guests will not be permitted to utilize the 24-hour absence until further notice.
- Guests are no longer allowed to go home and return to the House
- We are requesting guests to limit their time within public spaces in the House
- Foyer, Living Room, Kitchen, Dining Room, and TV Rooms (Playroom is currently closed and toys that cannot be properly disinfected have been removed.)
- Visitors will not be permitted in the House
- All employees are “on call” and asked to be available for work that may be different from regular duties.
- Mission-critical vendors will have limited access.
In this confusing and tough time, we need your help desperately! Without the help of our Visiting Chefs and volunteers, our pantry will be empty in a few days.
You can help keep our families near the children they love for the care they need in a few ways!
- Send online monetary donations
- Donate items from our Amazon or Target Wishlists
- Sponsor catered meals to feed our families